Achieving the (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification validates your competency and years of experience in information security. CISSPs are information assurance professionals who are responsible for defining the architecture, design, management and controls that ensure the security of an organization. It was the first certification in the field of information security to meet the stringent requirements of International Organization for Standardization and International Electro technical Commission (ISO/IEC) 17024 standards. CISSPs are authorities on critical security topics that include risk management, cloud computing, mobile security, application development security, and more. The CISSP has clearly emerged as the key certification for security professionals. Corporations are demanding experienced information security professionals with the certifications to prove it to protect their information and assets.
Why Become a CISSP
Here are just a few reasons to pursue the CISSP certification. You will:
- Catapult your career. As other CISSPs will tell you, this certification will raise your visibility and credibility, improve your job security, create new opportunities for you or even increase your salary — depending on your country and employer. On average, (ISC)² members report having 35 percent higher salaries than non-members. (Source: “2017 Global Information Security Workforce Study”)
- Challenge yourself to grow and be better. The CISSP exam is a rigorous test of your knowledge. But well beyond the exam, the CISSP is about reaching a deeper, better and broader understanding of the common body of knowledge for cybersecurity. It’s an exhilarating feeling to become a CISSP.
- Give yourself access to (and respect from) a global community of peers. Information security careers can feel isolating at times. With the CISSP, you earn membership in (ISC)² — a global community of thought leaders. You’ll meet experts who share your passion. You’ll be able to share ideas and find new ways to improve your craft. And you’ll open yourself up to connections around the world.
- Strengthen the skills you need to protect your organization. The CISSP focuses on the practical application of cybersecurity knowledge and tools. It explores actual, on-the-job issues and risks. And it gives you a systematic approach to cybersecurity. All of this means you’ll expand the skills and knowledge you need to fulfill your duty to your organization.
Should You Pursue the CISSP?
You’re the type who craves challenges. You’re always looking for ways to expand your knowledge. And you’d like to take your career to a new level of success.
If yes, it’s time to rise to the occasion with the most-esteemed cybersecurity certification in the world. The CISSP is the right choice for you if you:
- Are an experienced, high-achieving information security professional.
- Are involved in designing, developing and managing the overall security posture of an organization, from cybersecurity strategy to hands-on implementation.
- Want to gain more respect from your peers and boss, while you strengthen your skills and confidence as a security professional.
- Appreciate a challenge and want to feel the exhilaration of passing this rigorous exam and joining our elite community.
- Need a certification that is DoD 8570 approved. (It’s listed in the categories: IAT Level III, IAM Level II, IAM Level III, IASAE I, and IASAE II.)
The CISSP is ideal for those working in roles such as:
- Security Consultant
- Security Analyst
- Security Manager
- Security Auditor
- Security Architect
- IT Director/Manager
- Director of Security
- Network Architect
- Security Systems Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
Getting CISSP Training That’s Right for You
- The CISSP is the gold standard of cybersecurity certifications. We know you’re determined to pass!
- Prepare for your exam through a combination of CISSP training courses and individual study. And learn from (ISC)2 — the creator of the CISSP CBK!
- Simply choose the best training format for your schedule, needs and learning style.
Private On-Site Training
- A cost-effective and convenient training solution if your organization has 10 or more employees taking the exam.
- Tailored to your team’s schedule, budget and certification requirements.
- Conveniently taught in your office space or a local venue.
- Led by authorized instructors.
CISSP Training Course Overview
Our training helps you fully prepare for this cybersecurity certification. You will:
Review, refresh and expand your information security knowledge (including information security concepts and industry best practices).
Identify areas you need to study for the CISSP exam.
You can expect an in-depth review of the eight domains of the CISSP CBK — including discussion of industry best practices and timely security concepts.
(ISC)² authorized instructors lead all our training. You’re learning from CISSP-certified industry experts who understand you. They are CISSPs themselves. They know how to make the content highly relatable. And they go through a rigorous process to teach to our CBK.
Plus, we use proven adult learning techniques to reinforce topics. This approach increases how much knowledge you retain. Our techniques are highly interactive. They focus on real-world learning activities and scenarios, so you get the most out of training.